The Mission of Third Avenue Church is to know Jesus Christ in an intimate way and to make Jesus Christ known to all people of all nations. Sharing the truth of the gospel of Christ to the multitudes or one person at a time. We desire to seize every gracious opportunity to grow a spiritual community through the study of God’s holy word, praying, sharing, fellowship and caring for one another.
Please read more for what we believe and where we stand…our statement of faith.
We of the TACCC, in harmony with our historic position, believe the whole Bible, and only the Bible to be our infallible rule of faith and of practice; understanding our responsibility to make know the divine message of the Bible, we present the following articles of those basic truths taught in the Bible which are common to our Christian faith and practice.
- The Bible: the Word of God, the sixty-six Books of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired in all parts, and therefore, wholly without error as originally given of God.
- The One True God: exists eternally as three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Lord Jesus Christ: His pre-existence and deity, incarnation by virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven and present ministry, and coming again.
- The Holy Spirit: His personality; and deity; and His work in each believer; baptism and indwelling at the moment of regeneration, and filling to empower for Christian life and service.
- Man: his direct creation in the image of God, his subsequent fall into sin resulting in spiritual death, and the necessity of new birth for his salvation.
- Salvation: Complete and eternal salvation comes by God’s grace alone, received as the gift of God through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross.
- This Church: there is one true church, the body and bride of Jesus Christ, composed of all true believers of the present age; and the organization of this members in local church for worship, edification , fellowship and for world-wide gospel witness, each local church being autonomous but co-operating with other local fellowships of like faith the fellowship and work.
- Christian life: includes a life of righteousness, good works, and separation unto God from the evil ways of the world, following the example of Jesus, maintains the sanctity of the home, settles differences between Christians in accordance with the Word of God, does not engage in carnal strife but showing a Christ-like attitude toward all men, exhibits the fruit of the Spirit, and maintains life of prayer, including the privilege when sick of calling for the elders of this church to pray and to anoint it oil in the name of the Lord.
- Ordinances: The Christian should observe ordinances of our Lord Jesus Christ, which are (1) baptism of believers and (2) the Communion of the bread and cup.
- Satan: his existence and personality as the great adversary of God and His people, His judgment, and final doom.
- Second Coming: The personal, visible, and imminent return of Jesus Christ to remove His Church from the earth before the tribulation, and afterward to descend with this Church to establish His millennial Kingdom upon the earth.
- Future Life: The conscious existence of the dead, the resurrection of the body, the judgment and reward of believers, the judgment and condemnation of unbelievers, the eternal life of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
Our core values are as follows...
Core values are the commitments of an organization that shape the way it does its work. Although we value the uniqueness of each member, we believe these commonly held values will unify our efforts.
- We Value Worship – Worship that is authentic and meaningful. John 4:23-24
We Value the Power of Prayer – Prayer that is Spirit-led and passionate. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
- We Value Spiritual Growth – Anointed preaching and teaching that promote Spiritual Growth by transforming people into devoted disciples of Jesus Christ. Ephesians 4:15-16
We Value our Church Family – Family that is a united, loving, body of believers helping, supporting and mentoring one another. Psalm 133:1
- We Value Ministry – Service and encouragement for our Church and Community. Matthew 5:16
We Value Service – Believers who are equipped to use their gifts and abilities to do the work of ministry and build up the body of Christ. Romans 12:1
We Value Stewardship – Believers who are responsible and generous with their time, treasures and abilities. 2 Corinthians 9:7
- We Value Missions/Evangelism – Believers empowered by the Holy Spirit that reach out to those outside the walls of the Church. Matthew 28:19-20
This is how we live out our core values practically:
- Worship God and love others
- Grow daily in our personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Serve others with our gifts and abilities
- Go into all the world and share the Gospel